Sunday, January 25, 2015

Joan Jett and The Blackhearts & Heart

So I am not your average teenage girl. I don't enjoy listening to boy bands or Katy Perry. I don't know Naill Horan's shoe size or who 5 seconds of summer even is. I listen to bands like Styx and Queen. I love 80's hair bands and any kind of classic rock band. Which is why I flipped when I heard that Joan Jett and the Blackhearts AND Heart are coming to play at the US Cellular Center here in Cedar Rapids Iowa!!! I was like UMMM no freaking way. I immediately went on ticketmaster and tried to see much tickets were. $86.93. For $86.93 I could go see Joan Jett and the Blackhearts AND Heart. NO FREAKING WAY!! I have never been to a concert in my life and I have wanted to go so bad!! Plus who wouldn't want to see these two amazing bands play at the US Cellular center. I know I would. And I know any feminist within a 100 mile radius would since Joan Jett herself is one of the biggest feminist in the music industry. And not to mention the QUEEN of rock n' roll.

So let's talk about the music of Joan Jett and The Blackhearts. We all know the big hits like "I love Rock n' Roll" and "I hate myself for Loving you". But there's a deeper meaning to all of her music and I guess that's why I love it. She write all of her own music from her own experiences. She first stated off founding The Runaways with co-musicians Sandy West, Jackie Fox, Lita Ford, and Cherie Currie. After the band broke up Joan Jett tried going solo in England. With little success she later formed The Blackhearts with producer Kenny Laguna's help. The Blackhearts were very successful in their first few years and continue to tour across the country,

So now that you have a little background, tell me how you could turn down going to see Joan Jett and the Blackhearts AND Heart. And for only $86.93!!! That's right you can't! So get in the mood start blaring that Joan Jett cassette you brought at the CD store for $3. And get psyched for one of the best shows you will ever see! I mean I assume, I have never seen their show, but I hear great things! And go by your tickets now before they sell out!!! Go NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment