Sunday, January 11, 2015

No, You Won't Be Beyonce

No, You Won't Be Beyonce...

It has been announced that Katy Perry will be preforming at halftime February 1st, during the Super Bowl. An estimated 115 million viewers will be tuned in to see what Katy has to give us this year, and she's not afraid to admit she's nervous. In an interview she stated that it's going to be "different". Which isn't always a bad things. She also apparently nervously stated that she won't be like Beyonce, but again said it will be "different". I'm not going to lie, I'm nervous for her. I can't imagine being in front of that many people waiting for me to mess up so it can be talked about all over the news the next day. Perry will also have famous helpers beside her onstage during her performance but only reveled one of them.

Last year Bruno Mars preformed at the Super Bowl, and as well all remember, the queen herself, performed the year before that, some even say Beyonce's performance was so hot that she was the reason for the blackout. ;) Anyway, while those performances were great, and I loved watching both of them perform, I'm not going to lie, nothing will ever top 2004 Super Bowl infamous nip slip of Janet Jackson while performing with Justin Timerlake. We can now thank those two for the 5 second delay on all live television. We may never again see a glorious slip like that ever again. But really, Katy Perry should be trying to live up to those two, not the other performers over the past couple of years. The day you can make my jaw drop the way Jackson and Timberlacke did, well, then my dear, you have succeeded in life. I'm all about controversy on TV.

So, question to you blogger world, how do you think Katy Perry is going to do? Do you think she's going to nail it, or are we going to talk about her performance for a few days after, and then forget about it after a month or two? Or is it going to be 2004 Super Bowl talk worthy? I'm not a big fan of Katy Perry, the only thing I like about her is her cat's name Kitty Purry, not that ladies and gentlemen, that is funny. But, I do hope she does well, or I hope she fails so bad I'm still entertained. Who knows, I'm just excited for the Super Bowl. Carry on, good people.

Source: http://www.music-news.com/shownews.asp?H=Perry:-Im-not-Beyonce!&nItemID=86312

No comments:

Post a Comment