Sunday, October 19, 2014

It's Late Night Brawl with David Letterman


It’s Late Night Brawl with David Letterman

While Letterman has lost his edge over the years with his late night television show, his employees still have a little edge and fight left in them. Apparently Letterman’s cue card guy had had enough when he so politely called Letterman a mother*****r, and then later roughing up on of the writers from the show. Tony Mendez was terminated from his position after grabbing writer Bill Scheft after a petty argument that took place the day before.

So, while Letterman has lost his late night shock value, his backstage crew sure as hell haven’t los their spark. Mendez was walked out of the building and terminated. He is receiving severance pay until the end of shooting. So, my question to you out in Blogger land… was Mendez losing his cool; funny, immature, or just plain stupid? Here’s what I think in a my Top Ten list of stupid mistakes the cue card guy does…

#10. Trying to provide for you family by being a cue card holder.
#9. Holding the title of cue card holder and thinking you rule the studio.
#8. Beating up a writer… He probably makes more than you and has more power, mind you P’s and Q’s.
#7. Staying angry for more than 24 hours after someone interrupted you.
#6. You probably have messed up the cue cards more than once… just admit it.
#5. You ARE REPLACEABLE… get your head out of your behind.
#4. I’m sure messed up Dave’s coffee order before too…
#3. Being the cue card guy for Letterman.
#2. Is that all you have done with your life?
 And the number one stupid mistakes the cue card guy does..
#1. Calling your boss a mother*****r to his face. Smooth move ace.

So, there you have it ladies and gentlemen, the top ten mistakes the cue card guy does. Letterman was super awesome being willing to pay him until May of 2015 and also continue his benefits. Mendez continued to say the Letterman was the best boss he had ever had. Too bad you messed that one up big time, buddy.

Now, I’m not saying that I wouldn’t lose my cool a little in certain situations, but I don’t think I would ever be able to call my boss that, no matter how much I hated him or her. But, I’m sure it’s liberating to be able to say something like that to a higher up. Maybe I should be giving this guy props instead of making fun of him. Nah, it’s easier to tease than to be nice.

Source: http://m.tmz.com/2014/10/19/david-letterman-cue-card-guy-tony-mendez-attack-fired-late-show/

No comments:

Post a Comment